Friday, March 28, 2008

Sketching from life with coloured pencils, an old tree stump

An old tree stump, A4 size sketch in coloured pencil. Vivien Blackburn

Another sketch done in between teaching - students are finishing off work and there are lulls where they need to feedback so I fetched this tree stump out of the art cupboard - it's about 12 inches high with multiple cut off branches and knobbly bits and a straight side where the saw cut through the major stem. Stem? trunk?? whatever!

I actually got the PIF's posted yesterday Karen, Lyndsay and Jeanette - I either got asked to work extra and couldn't get to the post office before closing time - or when I could I forgot! the attention span of a gnat I'm afraid :>( sorry it's been so long.

The book can't progress yet due to work and a trip to London to some good exhibitions this coming weekend. I'll report back on them later. I'm going down with a friend and meeting up with Katherine Tyrrell and Tina Mammoser which should be great :>) Tina has done 2 impressive looking books using Blurb - she's offered to bring them to show and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

.

2 comments:

Veronica Aldous said...

Hi
I like your work too!
I am going to put a link to your blog from mine- hope that is okay- you can do the same for me if you like!

XXv

vivien said...

thanks Veronica - poetry and art - I have a couple of friends who write and paint. I don't have that talent :>(