playing with photos in photoshop: poppies, digital image version


I was really disappointed with the photos I'd taken of  the poppy field, they were bad - it was so dramatic and that didn't fully come out in the pictures.

This is an experiment in photoshop using various tools under the Adjust options plus a few from filters.   Brightness and Contrast, Hue and Saturation, Posterise, Dry Brush, Paint Daubs, Ink outlines, Find Contours, paint bucket, dodge and burn tools  - selecting parts of the image, erasing, cropping .......


The result still isn't great!   I needed a better photo to start with  - maybe I'll get out to take some more with the 'best' camera instead of the compact.

Comments

Jeanette Jobson said…
I think your result has lots of potential. I love the brightness of the colours and contrasts in it.

I often play around with images to see what changes in colours point me in another direction. While clear images tempt us, others have surprises waiting in store.
vivien said…
very true Jeanette - it's all too easy to get bogged down with too much detail when working with photos - 'bad' ones can sometimes lead on to interesting work

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge