Time and Tide continued, a patch of sparkling water

A patch of sparkling water, copyright Vivien Blackburn, approx 36 in high

This mixed media on canvas is based on sketches I did of the light sparkling on a small area of sea on a fairly calm day. Sometimes it's fun to zoom in and concentrate on just one small area. It hasn't photographed well I'm afraid with a bit of interference from the varnish :(

Today I've been working on a couple of new larger canvasses, which will take a while to resolve.

I'm hoping to get to a really good pastel exhibition at a gallery in a nearby market town. Work on show is by several artists who belong to the Pastel Society - I visited their exhibition at the Mall Galleries in the Spring and reviewed the show.

Some of those I particularly liked have work there - Averil Gilkes is showing her beautiful seascapes and Ingrid Wilkinson her gorgeous abstracts. I know it will make me want to reach for my pastels again :)

http://www.orangestreetgallery.com/Exhibitions.htm the gallery website

Comments

jafabrit said…
oh this is just lovely, I bet even more so in the real.
Robyn Sinclair said…
This is stunning Vivien! You are so clever with water (among other things).
vivien said…
thanks Jafa and Robyn :)

the patch of water fascinated me as the rest of the sea was calm, just this one ruffled bit catching the light.

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge