Katherine sent me this list of 'things to do' and it's popping up on everyone's blog at the moment! so here's my take on it - some of the list seem weird choices to me!
1. Started your own blog - yes
2. Slept under the stars - no, I like comfort!
3. Played in a band - no, sadly no musical talent :>(
4. Visited Hawaii - not on my list of things I want to do
5. Watched a meteor shower yes
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - yes
7. Been to Disneyland - NO!!!! and no wish to!
8. Climbed a mountain - yes - Cader Idris
- and does going up Snowdon on the little train count? no? well it was brilliant anyway!
9. Held a praying mantis - no
10. Sang a solo NO
11. Bungee jumped NO WAY!!!!
12. Visited Paris - yes and had a brilliant time - saw the Marmottan museum, the d'Orsay, the Jeu de Paume, the Orangerie, the Rodin Museum, the Pompidou Centre and more :>)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea Yes :>)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch yes
15. Adopted a child - no
16. Had food poisoning - yes :>( and was very ill
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - no but my dad did
18. Grown your own vegetables - yes we used to grow lots
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France no - we skipped the Louvre in favour of paintings I like better
20. Slept on an overnight train - yes when leaving Scotland to visit family in England, en route to living in Malta
21. Had a pillow fight - yes with the kids
22. Hitch hiked - yes when I was young and foolish!
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill - yes but not for years
24. Built a snow fort - no, we don't get enough snow
25. Held a lamb - yes, lovely
26. Gone skinny dipping - no I wouldn't inflict that on the world
27. Run a Marathon NO
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - no but I'd LOVE to
29. Seen a total eclipse yes a year or two back, very strange light
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - often :>) and painted them too
31. Hit a home run - we don't play baseball here - it is baseball is it?
32. Been on a cruise - no, not my scene - been on boat trips!
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - no
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - yes
35. Seen an Amish community - no
36. Taught yourself a new language - no but improved my French before revisiting France and I'd love to learn Italian and Spanish
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - no :>(
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - no
39. Gone rock climbing - NO chance! I'm not good with heights - or balance
40. Seen Michelangelo's David - no - but I < whisper > don't actually like it!
41. Sung karoke NO Way
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - no but I'd like to
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - no
44. Visited Africa - no but I'd like to
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - yes :>) fantastic
46. Been transported in an ambulance- yes but only home from hospital with daughter 2
47. Had your portrait painted - yes, by me :>)and that was only because we HAD to for a uni project
48. Gone deep sea fishing - no I don't do hunting/shooting/fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - no
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - no but I'd like to
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - yes to snorkelling in the Mediterranean(Malta)
52. Kissed in the rain - yes
53. Played in the mud - yes but only as a child
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - no - I've never lived where they had one
55. Been in a movie - no
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - no but I'd like to
57. Started a business - no, I don't want to
58. Taken a martial arts class - no, I don't want to
59. Visited Russia - no, I'd love to
60. Served at a soup kitchen - no
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies - no
62. Gone whale watching - no, I'd love to
63. Got flowers for no reason - yes
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - no
65. Gone sky diving - I don't like heights so they'd never prise my fingers loose from the door!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - no, my daughter visited Auschwitz and was powerfully affected by the visit
67. Bounced a check - no
68. Flown in a helicopter - no but I'd like to
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - yes I did for years but no longer
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - no, nor do I want to!
71. Eaten Caviar - yes, not keen
72. Pieced a quilt- yes but oh so slow, not something I did again!
73. Stood in Times Square - no , not something on my list of wanna do
74. Toured the Everglades - no , not something on my list of wanna do
75. Been fired from a job - no , not something on my list of wanna do
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - no , not something on my list of wanna do
77. Broken a bone - no , not something on my list of wanna do :>)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - no , not something on my list of wanna do
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - no but I'd love to
80. Published a book - yes my book of paintings :>)
81. Visited the Vatican - no
82. Bought a brand new car - no
83. Walked in Jerusalem - no
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - yes but I try to avoid it
85. Read the entire Bible - no
86. Visited the White House - no , not something on my list of wanna do
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - NO way
88. Had chickenpox - yes
89. Saved someone's life - no
90. Sat on a jury! - no I avoided my call up because we were going on holiday
91. Met someone famous - yes, several painters
92. Joined a book club - yes and what a mistake! getting OUT of bookclubs isn't easy!
93. Lost a loved one - Yes :>(
94. Had a baby - x2
95. Seen the Alamo in person - no , not something on my list of wanna do
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - no , not something on my list of wanna do
97. Been involved in a lawsuit - - no , not something on my list of wanna do!
98. Owned a cell phone - yes, it's very useful :>)
99. Been stung by a bee - no - does a wasp count? I was once stung by a wasp
100. Read an entire book in one day - often!
a curious list - lots of more interesting things that could have been there
101 visiting prehistoric Cave paintings in France - (yes) a really fantastic experience and more meaningful for me than Disney!
102 visiting South America and Aztec?Inca ruins - no but I'd love to
103 having grandchildren - yes, just the one but it's fun :>)
104 moving back to Cornwall into a house on the clifftop - no :>( but when my lottery numbers come up .......
105 visit China - no but I'd LOVE to
and lots more I'm too tired to think of now - perhaps you can?
On the Shortlist
2 years ago