sketching people


copyright Vivien Blackburn
pencil in moleskine sketchbook



Ok I did overemphasise the eyes a little - but only a little. This is my eldest daughter and her eyes are her best feature :). I also overemphasised her nose - ooops! - she has a much daintier nose!

That's one of the nice things about sketches - these little idiosyncracies sneak in, slight caricatures, overemphasis or distortion - it's what so often makes a drawing more interesting, to me anyway, than a photograph.

It's been a very hectic weekend with a family get together with Sam as the star so no time for anything else and no painting.

Katherine http://makingamark.blogspot.com/2007/09/9th-september-2007-whos-made-mark-this.html found a fun quiz on blogthings to discover what colour crayon you are :) I'm a blue one - which is great as I love blues. Our bedroom is blue, the living room is creams with vivid turquoise curtains and cushions and I am inclined to hang my bluest paintings in there - oh dear paintings to match the sofa! and the bathroom contains lots of blues as well. And a lot of my clothes are blue. This is what it said

***You Are a Blue Crayon***
Your world is colored in calm, understated, deep colors.You are a loyal person, and the truest friend anyone could hope to find.On the inside, you tend to be emotional and even a bit moody.However, you know that people depend on you. So you put on a strong front.
Your color wheel opposite is orange. Orange people may be opinionated, but you feel they lack the depth to truly understand what they're saying.

So ..........................What Color Crayon Are You? take the test and see

http://www.blogthings.com/whatcolorcrayonareyouquiz/

Comments

my north shadow said…
i like the drawing, simple & expressive. nice technique also.
vivien said…
thank you me!


- which sounds really strange as it isn't me,myself me!

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

paint or sketch trees: challenge

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils