project update - The Crowns, Botallack, mixed media, work in progress

The Crowns, Botallack, mixed media, detail


This is the next one in the series for the forthcoming project exhibition. It's worked over an older painting that had turned into a total pigs ear. The parts I was happy with have changed drastically.

Now I've stopped I can see several things I want to change - the direction of that gulley/ravine for a start and the too-even-at-the-moment stripes of colour in the sea.


Full size image but not a good photo I'm afraid

I'll try to get a better photo of the next stage.

I particularly wanted to keep the sketchiness of the orinal plein air drawing, with its ragged edges. This one won't have a border in the sense that Saltmarsh did - but it will have that white edge and the sides of the deep canvas will be white.

Comments

Jeanette Jobson said…
This view of the sea through the ravine is great with lots of potential that you're tapping into.

The sea movement is crucial here I believe, especially as it hits the rocks at the base to bring the viewer into the scene.

It will be wonderful.
rob ijbema said…
loove the detail shot vivien
very dramatic with greath depth

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge