Wednesday, April 15, 2009

still life completed

Still Life, acrylic, 16x20 ins. Vivien Blackburn

I decided today to paint the edges (deep pthalo blue to work with the painting) of the still life I did a couple of weeks back and finish off bits I hadn't had time to complete.

Here is the original post showing it as it was

Reducing the size to this thumbnail makes it look a bit tighter than it is really. It's quite loosely painted.

I like the way that the colours move through it better now


what do you think?

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I loved it from the beginning. Gorgeous painting. Particularly like the way you painted the red and white check cloth. But it's all delicious.

vivien said...

thanks Robyn - you are so good for the confidence! :>)

pete said...

a very convincing painting (lifelike), especially the shadows between the objects.

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Yes, it definitely looks a strongly finished painting now with bold vibrant colouring. I especially like the white jug. Could it be full of cold clear water?

vivien said...

thanks Pete - it isn't my normal subject - it's years since I did something like this

pete said...

it's a good idea to keep everything. i wish i had the doodles from when i was 4 years old! not that they looked anything like your fine work i hasten to add.

vivien said...

thanks Pete! I have got one or two doodles of mine from that age that my grandmother kept!

David if you'd like it to be full of cold clear water ............. it is!